It’s the time to reveal the famous Indonesian dessert among floodies!! But first, let me tell you something about this dessert. Es Oyen (Oyen Ice) is originally from Indonesian flower city, Bandung (Capital of West Java Province). The inventor is Mr. Oyen in 1954. Like other Indonesian dessert, this beverage has many colors: pink, white, yellow, green, and surely contains of exotic ingredients which come from tropical countries. If you mention this beverage’s name to random Indonesian people, maybe some of them will not know. Why? Because usually only people who live nearby Bandung city have the chance to taste it. But you can find it also in many places in Jakarta. This drink somehow cures my homesick, since whenever I came back from college or office after a hot and stressful day, I came to one dessert shop and enjoyed this drink together with my bestfriends.
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 avocado
- 100gr yellow jackfruit
- 100gr young coconut meat
- 50gr tapioca pearl (sagu mutiara)
- 250gr white sugar
- 2 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- 600ml water
- Boil the tapioca pearl in 300ml of water until the white color pearls are almost dissapeared.
- Cut the avocado, jackfruit, coconut flesh in small pieces, set aside.
- Boil the coconut milk in different pot.
- Mix the sugar inside the 300ml of boiled water.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the large bowl, adjust the amount of sugar based on your taste.
- Cool it down and put the bowl inside the fridge before serving it.
*This direction is the another version of the original one regarding the simplicity of serving purpose. The original way to make it is not mixing all the ingredients in large bowl. They are arranged one by one in a glass or bowl with the shaved ice. Then you can mix by yourself in your own glass before drinking.